I am a side sleeper by nature, but it seems that this is also the reason why my hips ache in the morning. I knew that I am putting a lot of pressure on them because there is not enough cushion between my knees. I had to find a way to enjoy sleeping on my side and I think that the Aloe Vera Bamboo Body Pillow is the solution I have been looking for.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Bamboo Body Pillow
I found that the bamboo body pillow is a popular choice among those who are experiencing chronic aches and pains because it offers support and contouring features that promote better sleep. I learned that this body pillow, which is made from natural fiber, is suitable for all kinds of sleepers, whether they sleep on their back, side, or even on their stomach. However, in my search for this product, I came across several brands and designs that I was a bit overwhelmed, to be honest. That said, I had to figure out a way to narrow down my choices so I came up with a list of factors that I should look for in a body pillow bamboo product.
- Fill Material – During my search for the best bamboo pillow, I learned that the fill materials used tend to vary. The most common material used, however, is memory foam which is a type of material that follows your contours as you sleep which gives added relief. There are two types of memory foam for bamboo pillows and these are shredded and there is the solid core. The shredded version is ideal for those who want to control the height of this product by moving the shredded pieces of the memory foam. On the other hand, the solid core version is already shaped to cradle the head and neck, the legs, and others and doesn’t leave enough room for flexibility.
- Cleaning – The shredded memory foam type of bamboo body pillow is easier to maintain because it is machine washable. Solid core type of memory foam should be given a spot cleaning which can take some time.
- Price – The typical price of a body pillow made from bamboo ranges from $30 to $70 with some reaching up to at least $90. Keep in mind that the price will change depending on the size, the type of fillers used, and the amount of bamboo used on the product.
- Warranty and Return Policy – I recommend that you check what the warranty is on the product and the store’s return policy because you need one that will let you test the product for a few months at least to give you time to determine whether it is a good fit for you or not.
Presenting the Aloe 99 Hypoallergenic Bamboo Memory Foam Pillow
The Aloe 99 hypoallergenic bamboo memory foam pillow provides its users with full-body support to help maintain body alignment as you sleep. It is soft and firm at the same time that guarantees COMFORT and SUPPORT as you sleep. It is ideal for those who are experiencing aches and pains on their body because of its pressure relieving memory foam which guarantees a more relaxed and pain-free sleep. Even pregnant women will find the extra support for their growing tummy quite a relief as it contours around the belly without causing it to sink too much.
- Pressure relieving properties reduce aches and pains.
- Improves body alignment by adding support to pressure points.
- Alleviates insomnia, snoring, and even back problems too.
- It takes a while before the pillow fluffs up to its original size.
- It has a chemical scent to it.
- It appears to be smaller compared to other body pillows.
Features and Benefits to Consider
I have been reading reviews about the Aloe Vera Bamboo Body Pillow and I learned that it comes with numerous features that I thought any bamboo pillow should have. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one after reading. What can you expect from this body pillow, you ask? Here are a few features that really stood out for me.
- Total Body Support – One of the features offered by this bamboo pillow aloe vera is that it offers total body support thanks to the memory foam materials used. I placed this between my knees one night and I have to say that I had the best sleep ever! Our body needs adequate support not just from the mattress but the pillows that we are using to ensure that our spine is aligned.
- Shredded Memory Foam – The pillow is made up of shredded memory foam which can be moved around as you see fit. I like that you can control which area of the pillow you want to fluff up. This is considerably better than having a solid core because you will be able to manipulate where you want more support. Simply open the cover and either add or remove the gel fillers as you see fit.
- Cooling Gel Technology – The Aloe Vera bamboo body pillow comes with cooling gel technology that prevents your from heating up as you sleep. The memory foam may have the ability to follow the shape of your body, but it also has the tendency to heat up which can be quite uncomfortable at night. Fortunately, this has been resolved with the cooling gel technology in this body pillow which means that no more waking up bathed in sweat.
- Pressure Relieving – Another feature that you can expect from this pillow is that it helps ease the pressure off your body’s pressure points. The pressure relieving fillers are the ones responsible for this as it changes to follow the contours of your body to help you sink into the pillow at the appropriate level. This helps keep your body aligned properly which prevents you from suffering from aches and pains. What’s great about the pressure relieving memory foam is that it bounces back to its original shape as you shift in your bed or when you stand.
- Alleviates Chronic Pain and Other Sleep Issues – This bamboo pillow body is also designed to alleviate common sleep issues like snoring, back pain, and insomnia because of its pain relieving memory foam. The shredded memory foam can be moved around the head to keep it elevated to help open up the nasal passages to minimize snoring. The pressure relieving memory foam, on the other hand, helps provide additional support to the body which reduces aches and pains for a more comfortable sleep. This, in turn, makes you fall into a deep sleep which stops insomnia in its tracks.
- Hypoallergenic – If you are worried about any allergies, dust mites, and other particles that may trigger an allergy attack, this body pillow won’t be a problem as it is made from hypoallergenic materials that are safe for you. You can hug it and squeeze it without going into a sneezing frenzy because this product doesn’t have any allergens to it.
- Machine Washable Maintaining your bamboo pillow with aloe vera won’t be much of a problem because you can easily remove the cover and throw it in your washing machine for cleaning.
- Free Shipping – Aloe 99 also offers free shipping to its customers with the pillow being packed neatly inside a box for easy handling. It will only weigh 7 pounds so you won’t have any trouble moving it on your own.
I was curious as to what other customers were saying about the Aloe Vera bamboo pillow that I checked their feedback. So far, I have read plenty of rave reviews about it that made me wanted to get one just to try it out. Hopefully, this will be the solution that I am looking for. Here’s what they had to say.
I also found some alternatives for a bamboo body pillow which I think you should keep an eye out too.
Hotel Comfort Memory Foam Body Pillow
This product is designed to give you full support as it follows the shape of your body. It is perfect for all kinds of sleepers and even expectant mothers. I like that it is extra long as it measures 58 inches for complete support as you sleep at night. It is hypoallergenic too which means that there will be no dust mites and other allergens that will be able to stick to the covers so you don’t have to worry about any allergy attacks.
I like that the cover is breathable which means that heat will not be trapped in it. This reduces night time sweats which help you get a good night’s sleep. As for the pressure relieving fillers, they do get the job done of minimizing the aches and pains the following day from areas like the back, hips, and shoulders.
- Longer than Aloe Vera Bamboo product.
- Suitable for all kinds of sleepers.
- Instead of cooling gel, it has a breathable cover that reduces heat trapped inside it.
EnerPlex Never-Flat Body Pillow
What makes this product stand out for me is the fact that it has more fillers in it to give it the lift and comfort that many of us seek at night. The fillers are interspersed with polyfill fibers that prevent the materials from lumping together and also to let more air flow freely. It is hypoallergenic too so your sleep will not be interrupted by sneezing.
I like that this product is machine washable too as it lessens the task of giving it a thorough cleaning. There are no harsh chemical components which I think is a good idea for items that we use as we sleep. After all, we are talking about our health here, don’t you think? The best part? EnerPlex promises that their product will not become flat like the others.
- Extra fillers make it extra comfortable.
- Polyfill fibers prevent the materials from bunching up.
- Never-flat design sounds promising.
Milliard U Shaped Total Body Support Pillow
U Shaped design feels like you are enveloped in a cloud that has enough density to keep you supported all through the night. Its unique design helps alleviate bodily aches and pains particularly in pressure points. Fillers can be adjusted as you see fit which adds to its overall appeal. I like that I have the freedom to choose where I will need to put more support as we all have different needs.
This product is best suited for pregnant women to help provide relief from their maternity woes such as aching back and heavy belly.
- Unique U shaped design provides complete support from the top of your head to your feet.
- Adjustable fillers make it easy for you to find a comfortable position in bed.
- Ideal for pregnant mothers as you will have enough cushion to support your growing belly.
Aches and pains at night will no longer be a problem when you can rely on the pressure relieving memory foam pillow from Aloe 99 to make them all disappear. The support that you will get from this product is exceptional and will keep your body aligned all throughout the night for quality sleep. I think that this is definitely worth a try, don’t you think so?
Best Bed Rest Pillow | 5 Top Options for Reading & Relaxing
Who doesn't look forward to the end of the day to relax, sit up in front of the TV on the bed and take it easy. Finding the best bed rest pillow...
Best Wool Blankets | 5 Top Options & Buying Guide
Who does not want to spend cold winter days and nights under the best wool blankets? 5 options that guarantee cosiness, comfort and warmth and how to find the...
WonderSleep Pillow Review | Best Features & Benefits
Good sleep begins with a good pillow. But is the Wondersleep Pillow one of them? Find out more about the features and benefits in our product review...
5 Best Contour Pillow Options for Neck & Head Support
It's time to blame your pillow if you've been constantly waking up on the wrong side of the bed. Consider our best contour pillow picks if neck pain...
Best Pillow for Combination Sleepers
If you are one of those who constantly change their sleeping position during the night, then this one is for you. We help you find the best pillow for perfect...
5 Best Leg Elevation Pillow Models | Injury & Surgery Recovery and Better Circulation
Elevating your leg in bed will help you recovering from injuries and improving blood circulation. Learn in this article about the best leg elevation pillow...