The best egg crate mattress is any type of foam that has an egg crate design on one side. It offers more support because of its design, plus it allows air to circulate through it as well. This is the perfect mattress topper for those who want to sleep cool without compromising the quality of their sleep.
Benefits of Egg Crate Mattress Topper
The egg crate topper has been around for some time now but only a handful of people really know how to use it to their advantage. But what exactly are the benefits that you can get from this kind of topper?
- Easy to Use. One of the biggest advantages of egg crate toppers is that they are quite easy to use. You simply place it on top of your mattress, place your regular sheets on top, and that’s it!
- Better Sleep. Using this topper has been found to improve one’s sleep quality which makes it an ideal choice for those who are having trouble sleeping.
- Adds Comfort. Another advantage of using an egg crate mattress topper is that it adds comfort to you while you are in bed. This is because it evenly distributes your weight as you sleep so that there is no pressure point to worry about.
- Affordable. This mattress topper is also affordable which means that adding it to your bed can make it extra soft as well.
- Extends Mattress Life. What other benefits can you get when you use the best egg crate topper? It helps extend your mattress’s life. This is because your weight will be placed mostly on the topper and not on the mattress yet.
- Alleviates Pain. Another benefit of using this type of topper is that it helps lessen the pain. This is because the egg crate design eases the pressure on your pressure points. This is why it is commonly used in hospital settings or by those who are suffering from chronic pain.
How to Choose Your Egg Crate Topper?
As the name suggests, this mattress topper has one side that resembles that of an egg crate. Yes, those little bumps are there for a reason, and it’s not for keeping the eggs in place. In a mattress topper, the egg crate design helps spread your weight so there won’t be too much stress on your pressure points. But how will you find the best egg crate mattress topper? Here are a few factors that you should consider.
- Price. The price tag for egg crate memory foam topper is almost the same as memory and latex toppers which are between $25 to $200 at least. However, make sure that you weigh your options first because not all pricey toppers will mean quality all the time.
- Comfort. Another factor that you should consider when you are looking for egg crate toppers is the comfort that they can give you. Choose one that provides you with the most comfort since this pad will be placed on top of the mattress.
- Heat Retention. You should also consider whether adding this kind of topper to your bed will cause heat to be trapped. Keep in mind that memory foam materials tend to trap heat, but it may have a different effect on the egg crate design.
- Materials. Consider the materials that are used on the egg crate pad. You will find some that are made from memory foam while others are made from latex. Memory foam is known for its contouring effects while latex is known for its durability. Choose one that offers the best feature for your needs.
- Portability. Most egg crate toppers are lightweight but this will vary depending on its thickness and materials used.
- Durability. Keep in mind that the egg crate foam mattress will be placed on top of your bed so it will carry your weight most of the time. You need to choose a topper that is durable.
How to Use Egg Crate Mattress Toppers
It is highly likely that why people don’t use this type of topper on their bed is because they don’t know how to use it correctly. If this is your first time using one, setting it up is pretty simple. Remove your sheets first to expose the mattress. Place the egg crate topper on top with the bumps facing upwards. Cover the topper and the mattress with a fitted sheet then place your bedsheets back and that’s it.
It may take some getting used to once you lie down on it, but it will be worth the experience especially when you are having trouble with pain in your body. This topper can last you at least three years, give or take, depending on the brand that you are using, your weight, and the materials used. That is why, if you are thinking of using one, you should invest in the right brand so that you will get plenty of years on it.
Which Egg Crate Mattress Toppers to Get?
Finding a crate foam mattress topper is easier said than done especially since there are dozens of options out there to choose from. Just to give you a good start, here are a few choices for your mattress pad that you might want to check out.
LUCID’s memory foam mattress topper is a good option to consider if you are in need of pressure relief. What sets it apart from others is its five zones that aim to provide comfort throughout your body. This design helps in reducing the pressure in your pressure points so you don’t end up tossing and turning at night. Aside from its unique five-zone design, it is also made from memory foam which comes with contouring features that conform to your body’s shape. You’ll be sleeping like a baby when you set this topper up in your bed and rest on it thanks to its unique combination of memory foam and overall design.
What else makes this mattress topper a good option to consider? Well, it comes with a lavender scent that helps provide a relaxing bed to sleep on. The lavender essential oils used here add to the peace and tranquility that you need when you are sleeping which makes this 5 zone lavender memory foam a good purchase for your home. You won’t be sleeping hot with this topper even though it is made from memory foam because its design allows more air to pass through and circulate.
- 5 zones help eliminate pain in pressure points.
- Lavender scent permeates the entire mattress topper which helps you feel more relaxed.
- Memory foam materials are used to add to the comfort and support that this topper delivers.
- The lavender scent doesn’t stay long.
- It doesn’t return to its original shape after a few months of use.
- The topper is not that durable as it starts to tear after a few weeks.
For those who sleep hot, this gel memory foam mattress topper is a great option to consider. As the name suggests, this gel swirl memory foam is designed with cooling gel features that help disperse the heat from your body. Of course, the design of the topper has greatly contributed to the flow of the air so you don’t have to worry about heat getting trapped in it as you sleep. The convoluted mattress topper swirl mixed with cooling gel is a great combination as it provides support and comfort at the same time.
This mattress topper is only 2 inches thick so it can easily slip under the fitted sheet that you are using. Will this product last you long? Yes, it will because it is made from high-quality materials since it is a certiPUR-US certified mattress topper. What this means is that you will get good quality, durability, and top performance with it as well. You only need to wait 72 hours for this topper to fully expand and ready to use plus it comes with 5 years warranty too.
- Convoluted foam lets air pass through better.
- Gel-infused memory foam helps cool your body down as you sleep at night.
- Certipur US certified which means high grade foam is used for durability, support, and comfort.
- It may not work well with those who weigh more.
- The chemical scent doesn’t disappear quickly.
- It is not that durable as expected.
What other egg crate mattress toppers should you get? How about this 2″ egg crate ventilated memory foam mattress topper from Milliard. One of its most striking features is its open cell technology. This technology means that each foam cell that it has contains pores that help trap the air inside. Once the cells are compressed, such as when you lie down on your egg crate mattress topper, the trapped air will then be pushed outwards to help reduce the heat from your body.
Comfort is another feature that you can expect from this ventilated memory foam mattress thanks to its high-quality memory foam that easily conforms to your body’s shape. If you have been suffering from aches and pains when you sleep, this will help alleviate the issues easily. You can make use of this egg crate mattress too if your mattress is starting to sag. That extra 2″ of memory foam should be enough to keep your spine aligned even while your mattress has seen better days. This is a great alternative if you are short on funds but want to prevent waking up with back pain.
- It has an open cell technology that disperses trapped heat.
- It provides comfort because the memory foam provides even support for the entire body.
- It is a great alternative to buying expensive mattresses.
- It doesn’t have any cooling effect even with its design.
- You will still sleep hot because of the memory foam.
- The chemical smell is too strong.
If you are looking for a memory foam bed topper that will help resolve some of the aches and pains that you are feeling, then the Duro-Med foam bed topper is worth checking out. The first thing that you will notice about it is that it is soft making it a good option if the mattress that you are lying on is too firm or if you are dealing with joint pain. It is made from sculpted medical grade foam which means that it offers the highest level of comfort that you can imagine.
This memory foam bed topper is actually useful in preventing sores, ulcers, and even stress on your pressure points. The egg crate design helps in distributing your weight evenly so not a single pressure point will bear the brunt of your weight when you lie down. This egg carton topper is designed to fit hospital beds making it a good option for those who are in need of bed rest or long-term care. You don’t have to look far for an egg crate topper that will help you sleep because this brand will deliver it to you.
- Soft foam toppers ideal for firm mattresses.
- It is sculpted from medical grade foam meaning that it is of good quality.
- Alleviates sores, ulcers, and even stressing your pressure points.
- The foam mattress topper is way too soft making it difficult to get out of bed.
- It doesn’t seem to last very long.
- Discoloration can occur in exposed parts of the topper.
If you are considering adding more height or thickness to your mattress, try this convoluted gel swirl memory foam mattress topper from Linenspa. What will you get out of this convoluted mattress topper? For starters, it is made from memory foam which is known for easing the stress on the body. It conforms therefore your body will retain its shape while getting the support it needs as you sleep. The convoluted gel swirl design is perfect for letting more air pass through thus keeping you cool and comfy at night to help you sleep. What’s more, this design helps the foam contour to your body better which is a plus. This topper is available in 2 to 3 inches thick so choose which one best suits your needs.
Linenspa has successfully made a 3 inch egg crate that answers all of your sleep needs. The convoluted design with swirl gel memory aims to relieve pressure while helping regulate your body temperature for you to get a good night s sleep. This swirl gel memory foam is worth checking out if you don’t want to toss and turn at night since this topper will keep you sleeping deeply and with less pain in the morning.
- Convoluted gel swirl memory foam helps regulate your body temperature at night.
- It alleviates the common aches and pains because of its unique egg crate design.
- The memory foam conforms to your body’s shape so you will get a good night’s sleep.
- The memory foam topper gets hot during the summer.
- The edges of the topper often turn yellow in a few months.
- It has a tendency to slide too often.
Which one is the best egg crate mattress topper, you ask? The Milliard 2″ Egg Crate Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper is a keeper. This is because it has an open-cell design that helps dissipate heat while keeping your body supported all throughout the night. It offers superior comfort because it makes use of high-quality memory foam that conforms to your body’s shape easily. The ventilated egg crate design ensures that the air will pass through easily so that you won’t sleep hot.