I prefer sleeping on my side, but waking up with my shoulder on pins and needles is something I am not overly fond of. Not only that but there are days when I have to deal with aches and pains on my hip as well as the lower back. I am now using two pillows placed between my knees, but my friend recommended trying the Sunbeam heated body pillow.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Body Pillow
The body pillow is designed for side sleepers. When you place it between your knees or snuggle up to it, there is an easing in your pressure points. Pregnant women, those who like to sleep on their side like me, and those who are suffering from hip or lower back pain can find some pressure relief from this pillow. But what should you look for in this kind of pillow?
- Size. A good-sized pillow is one that can cover from your head all the way to your knees. If you don’t have enough space to store it, you can always look for a smaller sized body pillow to use.
- Filling. The filling used for the pillow should also be a factor to consider. Cotton may be soft and cheap, but they don’t really last long. A foam body pillow, on the other hand, can help ease the tension in your muscles, but it will be a bit expensive. If you prefer something soft, a feather fill may be a good option, but it can cause an allergic reaction.
- Shape. Body pillows come in a variety of shapes for different functions. For example, the C and J shaped pillows are designed to prevent the sleeper from rolling. A u-shaped body pillow, on the other hand, is ideal for pregnant women as well as those who have spine injuries.
- Function. Another factor to consider when looking for a heated body pillow is what its primary function will be. Like it was mentioned before, each shape has a distinct use so will have to identify which ones are appropriate for you.
Presenting the Sunbeam Heated Body Pillow
The Sunbeam heated body pillow is a soft pillow that can help ease the muscle tension in your hips and lower back to give you that much-needed rest. It comes with a heat feature so you will be able to alleviate the pain in your muscles as you lie in bed at night. This pillow is ideal for pregnant women, those with back problems, as well as side sleepers.
- Soft pillow that eases tension in muscles.
- Keeps the spine aligned when you sleep on your side.
- Ideal for pregnant women and those with back problems.
- The heat control doesn’t last long.
- Non-removable cover.
- It doesn’t heat up that much.
Features and Benefits
Side sleepers, pregnant women, and those who have chronic back pains may find some relief with a body pillow. But what makes the Sunbeam heated body pillow a brand to consider to help support your hips and lower back? If you are looking for a pillow that helps to support your growing belly or assist you in keeping a neutral spine, the features of this product may be what you are looking for.
- Heated body pillow. Heat is always a good solution when it comes to easing the tension in your muscles. This is why we often use a warm compress when we feel a certain stiffness in our back, knees, or any other areas of our body. However, since the heat from the compress dissipates after a while, the relief that comes with it disappears too. Sunbeam’s heated pillow has its own temperature control which can help you adjust the heat according to your needs. Just imagine being enveloped in the warmth that helps your muscles relax at the same time.
- Polyester fill. Designed to suit side and stomach sleepers, this product is packed with 1500 grams of polyester fill for that firm but comfortable support. It has enough give to it that can help ease the aches and pains in your hips and lower back.
- Super-soft surface. Another feature that Sunbeam’s pillow offers is its super-soft surface for a more comfortable experience when snuggling up to it. It comes with a 200 thread count, diamond-quilted 100% cotton cover that is extra plush. Hugging it to your body will feel relief with its softness that helps reduce your stress and the tension for a good night’s rest.
- Three heat settings. Sunbeam heated body pillow comes with a controller that provides you with three heat settings, plus an auto shut-off feature after 10 hours. The temperature controller gives you control over the heat being produced by the pillow. Simply adjust the temperature control to deliver the right amount of heat based on your needs. Thanks to its 10 hour auto shut-off feature, you can leave the heat running as you sleep for a more relaxed rest for several hours without worrying about having to turn off the heat settings.
- Machine washable. Another feature that you will love about this product is that it has a removable cover that you can wash to maintain its freshness. This makes it easier to prolong the life of your pillow.
- Supportive pillow. The design of this pillow is geared towards providing support to your joints and muscles regardless of whether you are a stomach or side sleeper, are pregnant, or have a back problem that needs additional support. Hugging this pillow at night or resting your back on it while the heat is running can loosen any tightness in your muscles.
- Improve circulation. The heat emanating from the pillow is useful in giving your circulation its much-needed boost at night. This helps in loosening your tight muscles while ensuring that you will wake up feeling refreshed. The problem with side sleeping is that pinched nerves can occur which can prevent blood from circulating throughout your body. Thanks to the temperature control, you will be able to dissolve any buildup or obstruction to allow more blood to flow. This is useful in repairing muscles and organs which helps in making you feel refreshed the following day.
Reading reviews about this machine washable, highly supportive pillow for the body that comes with a control for its 3 heat settings made me realize that there are quite a lot of people who enjoyed using it too. As a matter of fact, if you read the feedbacks, most of them were all praises about this product. Here are a few examples of those rave reviews I came across.
Are there any alternatives to the heated body pillow from Sunbeam? As someone who is in need of a good pillow that can help ease the aching muscles and joints in the morning, I made it a point to look for other products that may solve these issues of mine. Fortunately, my search has yielded two brands and these are:
Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Full Size Body Pillow
Snuggle-Pedic’s ultra-luxury bamboo pillow filled with shredded memory foam is another option to consider if you are in need of a full-sized body pillow to rest on. It boasts of its shredded memory foam filling that doesn’t fall flat unlike other body pillows out there. It is designed to conform to your body’s shape to reduce muscle aches and pains in the morning. What this means is that you can use this product regardless of whether you love to sleep on your side, your stomach, or if you tend to change positions at night. You can spread the pillow to its full length, or you can bunch it up to where you need the support the most.
What else is there to like about the Snuggle-Pedic? It sports a Kool Flow cover that is both soft and luxurious at the same time. It comes with micro vents that allow air to pass through thus preventing heat from getting trapped for a more restful sleep. It is made from 43% viscose of bamboo, 6% lycra, and 56.4% polyester materials that can help you stay cool and comfy all night long. The fill is packed with cloud-coated shredded memory foam with spun down alternative fiberfill to give you that smooth, soft, and comfortable pillow to rest on. Don’t forget that it is also hypoallergenic so you don’t have to worry about suffering from allergy attacks.
- Ultra-luxury body pillow catering to side and stomach sleepers.
- Kool Flow cover with micro vents allows more air to pass through thus preventing heat from getting trapped.
- Shredded memory foam and down alternative fill help provide you with enough support to ease the tension from your muscles.
- It may not work well for average-sized users because it is a bit big.
- It can be a bit heavy which causes discomfort when placed between the knees.
- It is a bit thick which may not work well with everyone.
Oubonun Premium Adjustable Loft Quilted Body Pillows
A fully adjustable body pillow is certainly a welcome relief since you will be able to adjust its thickness based on your preferences. Oubonun takes its product to a whole new level by enclosing its fill with high quality quilted top that makes you feel like you are sleeping on the most luxurious pillow there is. It has a zipper on the side so you will be able to access the fill to adjust its height and firmness too. It doesn’t matter what kind of sleeper you are, whether you like to sleep on your side, stomach, or your back, this body pillow will give you the support and comfort that you need for a good night’s rest. What’s more, it is hypoallergenic meaning that you will be protected from any allergens that may be lingering on the surface. The cover and even the pillow are machine washable so you can keep them in good condition for years.
Fluff your pillow up or flatten it as you see fit, you are in complete control over the Oubonun pillows. This is because of the adjustable fill design wherein you can remove the fill or add some more as you see fit. If you want to make it fluffier, give it a spin in your washing machine and you will see that it is extra thick. Since the product will arrive on your doorstep rolled and stored in a package, give it about two days before it can expand to its full size. The best part? It comes with 100% money back guarantee. If you are not happy with the quality of the product, you can return it and get a full refund.
- Adjustable body pillow gives you complete control over the loft and firmness.
- Hypoallergenic cover protects you from possible allergens that can trigger an allergy attack.
- The cover and the pillow can be washed in your washing machine for easy maintenance.
- The pillowcase that it comes with is not big enough to enclose the entire pillow.
- It loses its firmness after a few weeks of use.
- It doesn’t provide enough support for back sleepers even after adjusting the fill.
The Sunbeam heated body pillow stands out from the crowd because it has one unique feature and that it is its temperature control. The benefits of a body pillow such as this are not only centered on comfort and support but also alleviating the aches and pains that are quite common in those who sleep on their side. It can be washed to remove the buildup of dirt, dust, sweat, and oils, plus it is hypoallergenic too. It supports your hips as well as your lower back and with its controller with 3 heat settings, you will be able to choose the right warmth to have at night. It offers that soothing sensation that removes the tension in the muscles while boosting your blood circulation too. There is no other pillow for the body that offers the heated feature hence this one is worth checking out.
Coop Home Goods – Eden Pillow Review
I was getting frustrated with my sleep that is until I came across an Eden Pillow review and I knew I had to try it out. See how it changed the quality of my...
5 of the Best Hypoallergenic Pillows – Suitable for Those with Allergies
Do you suffer from allergies which disrupt your sleep? Let's improve your situation and find you the best hypoallergenic pillow. This is what you need to know.
Indulgence Pillow Review – Isotonic Pillows Reviewed
Hey Slumber reviews the Isotonic Indulgence Pillow. We cover what to look for when buying a pillow for side sleepers. Plus, the best features and benefits.
Mediflow Pillow Review – The Best-Selling Water Pillow Reviewed
In this Mediflow Pillow review, we'll take a look at this bestselling water pillow and check if it's worth the hype. Plus, what to consider before buying a water pillow.
Therapeutica Pillow Review – Best Orthopedic Support Pillow?
Hey Slumber reviews the Therapeutica Pillow - a neck and back supportive pillow. We cover the best features and benefits and what to look for when buying.
Tuft and Needle Pillow Review – Best Memory Foam Pillow?
Hey Slumber reviews the highly-rated Tuft & Needle Memory Foam Pillow. We cover the product benefits and pro/cons.