Finding the right mattress to sleep on doesn’t have to cost you more than your budget and lead you to compromise on quality and comfort. This is why it is important to do your research on available mattresses since it is possible to score the best mattress under 300.
What Qualities to Look for in a Good Mattress?
Shopping for the best mattresses without knowing what to look for will make your task doubly hard. Believe me, I tried this approach and it was a complete waste of time. If you are out to find a mattress under 300, you should at least know what qualities to look for in a good mattress. Here are a few suggestions that you might want to start with.
- Firmness – How firm a mattress is should be considered based on your sleeping position and your preferences. Most people prefer a mattress that is in the middle between soft and firm to give them comfort. However, you shouldn’t use firmness and support interchangeably because there are firm mattresses that do not give enough support, while there are softer ones that do give the support that their body needs.
- Material – You should also consider the material that the mattress is made of. For example, memory foam mattress is made up of several layers of foam that will follow the contours of your body. Latex, on the other hand, is made from tougher material making it durable.
- Size – Size does matter when shopping for mattresses especially when you are sleeping with a partner or with your kids. Usually, a bigger mattress gives you more room to move, but this will come with a high price as well. You will need to consider the size of the room and the bed frame too when looking for a good mattress.
- Longevity – The best mattress must be able to last you for years. Normally, the life expectancy of a high-quality mattress will be ten years tops, that is why you need to carefully consider the type of mattress to get.
- Price – There are many factors that can cause the price of a mattress to go up, such as the materials used, the size, and the brand. Don’t assume that the expensive beds are the only ones that will give you a good night’s sleep because there are those that are cheap but gets the job done.
How to Choose the Best Affordable Mattress
There are literally dozens of mattresses available today that come in a variety of styles, designs, and prices that it is difficult not to be overwhelmed with your choices. This is not something that you should rush into buying because finding the appropriate mattress for you can help improve your sleep. The question now is, how will you be able to choose the best mattress that will not cost you a lot of money?
- Mattress Type – There are different kinds of mattresses sold today and these are memory foam, latex, hybrid, gel infused memory foam, and innerspring mattresses. A foam mattress is quite popular because of its tendency to hug your body as you sleep, while latex is often considered by those who want a firmer bed to sleep on at night. A hybrid is a good option if you want the added support of latex while experiencing the hugging sensation of that of a memory foam. Innerspring mattresses, on the other hand, are ideal for those who want more bounce to their mattress.
- Firmness Level – Like I mentioned before, most people prefer a firmness level that lies between too soft and too hard which is normally between the 5 and 7 ranges. Those who opt below 5 in terms of firmness levels, these are typically those who sleep on their sides because a soft mattress can ease the strain on their pressure points. Anything higher than 5 may be appropriate for those who sleep on their back or on their stomach.
- Sleeping Position – To find the right mattresses for your needs, you should also take into account what type of sleeper you are. Side sleepers will do well with a memory foam mattress because of its soft texture that supports pressure points, while those who sleep on their back should go with one that has a high density base which is designed to provide sufficient support to prevent them from sinking too much.
- Body Type and Weight – If you are concerned with the amount of support your body will need from a mattress, you also need to identify your body weight and type. Those who are carrying more weight on their body will require a multi-layered foam that will offer comfort and support at the same time. Keep in mind that how much you weigh will have a direct effect on the sinkage and support on your pressure points.
5 of the Best Mattresses in Amazon
Searching for a mattress on Amazon is not an easy feat because you will be swamped with options. Be that as it may, I was able to narrow down my list of mattresses under 300 that I think you should consider when shopping for a mattress in Amazon.
Sleep Innovations 4-inch Dual Layer Gel Memory Foam Enhanced Support
The luxurious feel of this dual-layer gel memory foam is one of the reasons why I have included it in this list of best mattresses under 300. It combines 2-inches of memory foam infused with gel and 2-inches of quilted fiber fill for that added layer of comfort that will work with any kind of sleeper. The gel memory material used here is designed to keep you cool while at the same time, giving you that sink and support that your body needs. Memory foam has often been associated with trapped heat, which is why this infused memory foam is a good option to consider for those who sleep hot at night.
It comes with a washable cover for easy maintenance that fits snugly on your mattress. The fabric is hypoallergenic too, so you can focus more on getting a good night’s sleep rather than worrying about your allergies making you sneeze all throughout the night. The mattress is made in the USA and it also comes with a 10-year warranty.
- It has a luxurious feel to it making it a great topper for any mattress.
- It combines quilted fiberfill and gel memory foam in one.
- Gel infusion helps you sleep cool even when the material is memory foam.
- It helps provide support and comfort to the body for an uninterrupted night’s sleep.
- One user complained that the cover wasn’t machine washable.
- Another reviewer noted that the mattress comes with a chemical smell that stays around for several days.
- Some have noticed that the memory foam no longer bounces back to its original form after a few months of use.
Molblly 10 inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress with CertiPUR
Another option that you should consider for the best mattress under 300 is from Molblly. This mattress is designed with several layers of high-quality foam for maximum comfort and support. For starters, it has a 4-inches high density foam base, another 4-inches of comfortable layer, topped with 2 inches of extra memory foam. A soft cover made from hypoallergenic material adds to the softness of the mattress while protecting you against allergy attacks. You can even remove the cover for washing as needed.
The foam has been certified by Certipur US meaning that it is made from high-quality materials that are up to their standards. You can sleep soundly knowing that this mattress doesn’t have any toxic materials to it. The design of the foam layers ensures that air can easily pass through so no heat will buildup. You might think that the memory foam used here will cause you to sink too much, but this isn’t so. The unique combination of foam materials guarantees that you will sink at the right amount only to keep your spine aligned.
- It is Certipur US certified meaning that there are no harsh chemicals used here.
- It comes with 4 inches of high density foam, 4 inches of comfort foam, and 2 inches of extra memory foam for a complete package.
- Breathable design allows air to pass through you will be able to sleep cool at night.
- It costs less than $300.
- A user was disappointed to find that this was a firm mattress not a medium-firm one which did not suit her as she sleeps on her side.
- Another buyer reported that there was no motion isolation feature here which made her roll towards her partner at night.
- A reviewer noted that the memory foam layers still caused her to sleep hot at night which prevented her from getting a good night’s sleep.
Ssecretland 10 inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress with Breathable Cover
Another Amazon mattress that you should look into for mattresses under 300 is from Ssecretland. Just like the previous model, it also comes in three layers of foam. However, it has 6 inches of high density foam with 2 inches of comfort foam, and 2 inches of high density gel memory foam. It comes with a hypoallergenic cover that protects you from any allergens while you sleep. The gel infused memory layer is a great addition as memory foam often has a tendency to trap heat within which causes your body temperature to rise. The high density base foam, on the other hand, helps with providing you with support thus alleviating the strain on your body’s main points like your neck, back, hips, and shoulders.
The mattress is certipur US certified which is a huge relief given that there are no traces of dangerous materials here. It comes with 10year warranty which is a good enough protection for those who will be investing in mattresses that are below 300.
- This 10 inch mattress is made up of 6 inches of HD base foam, 2 inches of HD comfort foam, and 2 inches of gel infused memory foam.
- It is certipur US certified hence there are no dangerous components on the mattress.
- The high density base protects your body from becoming misaligned.
- It comes with a 10 year warranty.
- One user complained that the medium-firm option remained too firm for her needs.
- Another reviewer stated that the off-gassing takes a while to dissipate.
- A customer noted that the sinking feeling was there but instead of the foam contouring around their body it just felt flat.
Ashley Furniture Signature Design – 12 Inch Chime Express Memory Foam Mattress
While searching for a mattress amazon.in, I stumbled across Ashley Furniture’s 12 inch chime express memory foam mattress. It does fall under the mattress under 300 category and since it was 12-inches, I thought to give it a closer look. From what I have learned, the 8 inches core foam that is designed to keep your spine aligned throughout the night regardless of your sleeping position. The next layer is made up of 2 inches transition foam for that added comfort and support that we need when we sleep. On top of it is another layer of 2 inches worth of thick memory foam that follows the shape of your body to help give relief.
The combination of foams ensures that there is no motion transfer, and that you will be sleeping soundly at night because you will get both support and comfort at the same time. It comes with a hypoallergenic cover that prevents any allergens from triggering an allergy attack on your part.
- 12 inches of foam layers that are designed specifically to provide maximum comfort and support.
- The 8 inches core foam supports and prevents motion transfer so your sleep will not be disrupted if your partner moves.
- The thick memory foam on top follows the shape of your body for a more comfortable sleep.
- It comes with a hypoallergenic, washable cover too.
- This type of mattress may not work well with side sleepers as one customer complained that it was too firm for them.
- Another customer complained that they sink too much into the bed that they experienced aches and pains around the hips and back.
- Some users reported that the mattress tends to move around on their platform bed unless you place a mat underneath to keep it in one position.
Linenspa 4 Inch Gel Swirl Memory Foam Topper – King
What other mattress under 300 should you consider? How about this one from Linenspa? It is a 4-inch memory topper for a queen size mattress that lends additional comfort and support to any sleeper. The foam is gel infused which is a relief because it means that this memory foam mattress will not cause you to wake up bathed in sweat. The open cell design allows air to flow better through the mattress so that any heat will be dispersed quickly. If you are looking for a topper that will conform to your body’s shape, provide additional support to your body, and will cost you less than $300, this is a good option.
It has been certified by Certipur US so you can sleep in peace knowing that there are no flammable compounds included. You will need to give it at least 2 days for the smell to disappear completely.
- 4-inches worth of added comfort for any queen sized mattress.
- The memory foam layer is infused with gel substances to help you sleep cool at night.
- It keeps the spine aligned regardless of your sleeping position.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- One user complained that the memory foam did not offer much comfort since it doesn’t respond well to her body weight.
- It may not work well on an adjustable bed.
- Another user thinks that it will not work well with those who are heavy as they sink easily enough into the mattress underneath.
Which of these options can I consider as the best mattress under 300? My money is on Molblly’s 10-inch gel memory foam mattress. It has a 4-inch high-density base that delivers support to the spine, a 4-inch layer of comfort foam to make you sleep in relative comfort, plus 2 inches of extra memory foam to give you that sensation of sinking in a bed of cloud without causing your spine to become out of alignment. It has been certified already by Certipur US which is a good indication that there are no harsh chemicals used in its manufacturing.
Heat buildup will not be an issue here as the design of the layers allows air to pass through easily which aids in air circulation. This helps you to rest cool at night, even when the topmost layer is made from memory foam. The best part? It is will not cost you more than $300 which is a huge saving already.
6 of the Best Mattress Topper for Hip Pain
There are several reasons why hip pain occurs. Especially side sleeper are often affected. Find the best mattress topper for hip pain to help reduce...
Best Twin Mattress – 5 Top-Rated Options You Can Buy Online
Hey Slumber lists 5 top-rated twin mattresses you can buy online. Plus, what to look for when looking to buy a twin mattress for guests or kids.
AllerEase Mattress Protector Review | Best Features & Buying Guide
We are reviewing the AllerEase Mattress Protector and its best features. Everything you should now and most importantly - should you buy it or not?
Best Futon Mattress – 4 Top-Rated Options You Can Buy Online
Hey Slumber lists the 4 best futon mattresses you can buy online. How to choose the best futon mattress and our top recommendations.
Best Mattress Topper for Back Pain – How to Find the Best One
Back pain is one of the main reasons why many of us consider buying a topper. Here is what to consider and which ones the best options are...
Best Mattress for Scoliosis – 5 Top-Rated Options for Sufferers
Hey Slumber reviews the 5 best-selling mattresses for those who suffer from scoliosis. Plus, what to look for in a mattress and FAQs.