I often tend to sleep in multiple sleeping positions. Unfortunately, the pillow that I am using isn’t comfy enough to work for me when I sleep on my side or on my back either. I think it is high time that I look for the best pillow for combination sleepers to improve my nightly rest.
What is a Combination Sleeper?
A combination sleeper is someone who sleeps in different positions throughout the night. It may be that you start off sleeping on your back, then shift to your left side, then on your stomach, before rolling to the other side. The problem with the constant movement is that the mattress that you should be sleeping on should match your sleep position and that you are using the right pillow for combination sleepers to help you rest well at night without waking up with aches and pains to deal with.
Types of Combination Sleeper Pillows
I was surprised to find that there were different kinds of pillows for combination sleepers. It seemed only fair that you get to learn more about these types of pillows to get a better idea of what is out there. If you are searching for the best pillows for combination sleeping, you can consider these choices:
- Down Alternative – Pillows that are filled with down alternative tend to feel soft and less likely to lose their shape. This is considerably better than real down feathers since it doesn’t poke you or get out of shape with repeated use.
- Buckwheat Hulls – This type of pillow tends to be cheap, flexible, and malleable. However, too much of the hulls can make the pillow become too firm for combination sleepers.
- Memory Foam – Memory foam pillows, like the mattresses, are quite popular because they follow the contours of your body, regardless of whether you are among the side sleepers, back sleepers, or stomach sleepers for that matter. A memory foam pillow comes in different densities which you should consider depending on whether you are suffering from aches and pains.
- Latex – Latex offers plenty of support and comes with better ventilation so you will not sleep warm. This option is strongly recommended for those who are living in warmer climates as it will help you remain cool at night.
- Gel – The gel pillow is typically a combination of latex and memory foam with the main ingredient being the memory foam. The gel material helps you stay cool as you sleep.
Factors to Consider When Shopping for Pillows for Combination Sleepers
Now that you know that there are plenty of pillows for combination sleepers, you’re probably thinking what pillows are the best? I had the same thought that is why I figured that there should be factors that we can use to narrow down our choices. Here’s my idea of what you need to look for when shopping for one.
- Size – One factor that you need to consider when it comes to pillows for your different sleeping positions is its size. A good way to figure out the size is based on the size of your bed. If you are sleeping on a double bed, choose a size that will allow you to place two of these pillows side by side. Don’t worry, these pillows come in a variety of sizes so you can easily measure which one will work best for your mattress.
- Thickness – This is one of the most important factors that you need to keep in mind when looking for a pillow to suit you. There are a few pointers, however, and that is if you are having some head and neck pains, look for a pillow that is thin or has a medium thickness. A thin pillow usually measures 3 inches thick, while the medium is only at 3 to 5 inches. Thick pillows are usually 6 inches in thickness and above.
- Cover – It will also help to know what material is used for the cover of the pillows. If you want the guarantee that the filling of the pillows will not come out, look for one that has a high thread count. It would be a good idea to determine also if the cover is made from hypoallergenic materials if someone in your house has allergies.
- Warranty – Another factor that I recommend that you consider is the warranty given by the seller. They should offer you a longer warranty for you to try out the pillow.
- Price – Of course, price should always be a factor when buying a product because you want to get the best value for your money. Since I will be investing in pillows that will cater to my being a combination sleeper, I want to be able to secure the right one for me that has a reasonable price.
Best Pillows for a Combination Sleeper
What are the best pillows to use by someone who has different sleeping positions all throughout the night? From my research, I have found a few options that I consider among the best pillows for combination sleeping. You might want to try them out too and tell me what you think.
Coop Home Goods – Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow
Since I often switch from one sleeping position to the next as I sleep at night, I figured that I needed a pillow that I can adjust easily. This adjustable loft pillow from Coop Home Goods was the best pillow that I could find for the task. What I liked about this product is that it is fully customizable. Side sleepers, back sleepers, and even stomach sleepers will enjoy using this because you can easily remove or add more filling to the pillow to suit your sleep position. You can shape your pillow in any way you like until you find the appropriate support for your head and neck as well as your back and hips too.
What else is there to love about this pillow? Well, it is made from high-quality materials that have passed rigorous testing to ensure that they are not made from chemical components. It is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant too which makes it even more appealing. You will sleep cool at night as well because of the ventilation this pillow has.
- Adjustable pillows give you more control over the height and thickness of your pillow for support.
- Ideal for different sleeping positions as you can remove or add more filling depending on your needs.
- It is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant too.
- Has good ventilation for minimizing sleeping warm at night.
- One user found it to be a high maintenance type of pillow because of the complicated steps.
- Another customer reported that it has a smell to it that doesn’t go away after washing the pillow.
- Side sleepers may have a hard time finding the right loft for the Coop Pillow.
Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
This shredded memory foam pillow for combination sleepers is another option that I think you should try out. What I like about it is the fact that it can adjust itself based on your sleeping position so that your spine will always remain in proper alignment. The outer cover comes with a zipper so you can easily remove or add more filling if you like to get more support for your head and neck. The conforming shape of the memory foam pillow makes it easier for those who sleep on their sides, back, or stomach to find a comfortable position that will let them sleep well all night long. The micro-vented cover allows air to flow freely so you don’t have to worry about sleeping hot.
Another reason why I have added this product here is that it is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites too. I prefer to sleep on a pillow that will not cause any allergies to get triggered. What’s more, the pillow doesn’t contain any harmful components such as heavy metals, formaldehyde, and parabens. I think I will sleep better knowing that I am not exposed to any of these chemicals. You can try this one out for 120 nights which I think is a good offer already for testing out a pillow.
- Shredded memory foam pillow adjusts to your sleeping position.
- The filling can be removed or added to shape the pillow according to your needs.
- Can be used whatever sleeping position you prefer.
- It is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant too.
- One user complained about the smell that doesn’t disappear even after a few days of airing it out.
- Another customer had a hard time finding the appropriate height for them.
- A side sleeper remarked that it gave her a stiff neck even after adjusting the filling and all.
WonderSleep Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow
What is best pillow for combination sleepers? How about this adjustable loft pillow from WonderSleep? Made from shredded memory foam fillings that support all types of sleep position, WonderSleep gives you relief while you sleep at night. Since this is an adjustable pillow, you will have more control over its height depending on your preferences. The memory foam can follow the contours of your head and neck to keep them in alignment with your spine for a more restful sleep. The cover of the pillow is made from high-quality fabric that is breathable for added comfort.
WonderSleep has removable covers for easy maintenance. It is dust resistant so you won’t be exposed to allergens or dust molecules that may cause your allergies to be triggered. I like the fact that this pillow is easy to adjust by either fluffing up your pillow for added height or reduce its thickness by removing a few of the shredded memory foam. The best part? You get to have 1-year warranty on this pillow. How cool is that?
- The shredded memory foam is suitable for any sleep position as it adjusts to your body.
- It gives you relief at night as the fabric is breathable thus reducing heat trapped inside.
- Covers are removable and washable for easy upkeep.
- Has a full year warranty in place.
- One customer complained that the pillow was too lumpy and doesn’t offer much support.
- Another user found it to be too firm even after adjusting the shredded foam.
- The smell still lingers even after washing which can be overpowering at times.
Pancake Pillow The Adjustable Layer Pillow
Another choice for pillows for combination sleepers is the adjustable layer pillow from Pancake Pillow. This is quite different from the previous products because instead of being filled with shredded foam, what you will get instead are six inner pillow layers that you can adjust according to the amount of support that you need. Each layer of the pillow is made from ultra-soft filling which you can remove or add as you see fit. The fact that the pillows are stackable made it interesting not to mention easier options for adjusting the height of the pillow based on how you sleep at night.
Pancake Pillow only uses high-quality materials for their stackable pillows, plus they are covered with hypoallergenic fabric that prevents any allergies from being triggered as you sleep at night. It is understandable that shopping for the best pillows for combination sleeping won’t be that easy, but this stackable option is an ideal choice if you are thinking of getting pillows for the rest of the family. The pillow has three zippers for easy removal of the inner pillows. The rest is up to you on how you are going to enjoy this unique pillow for side, back, and stomach sleepers.
- Stackable inner pillows give more support without being too firm to sleep on.
- Each inner pillow is made from soft down for a luxurious feel.
- Adjustable stacking pillows give you more control over the height of your pillow.
- Hypoallergenic materials ensure that no allergic reaction will bother your much-needed rest at night.
- One reviewer noticed that the pillows lost their shape after a year of usage.
- Another user claimed that the inner pillows were way too soft that it felt like they were sleeping on a regular pillow and nothing more.
- One customer had an issue with the fillings clumping together after being washed that it did not go back to its soft quality.
- Too pricey for a pillow for combination sleepers.
East Coast Bedding European Down Pillow
When it comes to the best pillow which combination sleepers should get, I suggest that you try this one out. Aside from giving your body the support it needs as you lie in bed, there is a luxurious feel to sleeping on this medium-firm European goose down pillow which is something to be experienced. Based on the description alone, I think this should be a must-try for any combination sleeper. To ensure that you will be drifting off to sleep in relative comfort and peace, the goose down is paired with a satin pillow shell. The combination of materials should give you a good reason to test this one out as it will make you fall asleep fast and waking up feeling fresh and rejuvenated too.
I think that this pillow will work well with combination sleepers as the soft down will not cause your head to sink way too much but rather give you adequate support as you lie down. Even stomach sleepers will find this product a source of support for their head and neck while keeping the rest of their body aligned for fewer aches and pains. Take note that the fill power indicated on this East Coast product is a way to determine how long it will retain its shape and loft. This should not be used as a measure of how firm the pillow is.
- Considered as one of the most luxurious pillows for combination sleepers because of the European goose down used as fillings.
- Encased in sateen sheets to complete the look and feel of this high-end pillow.
- Medium-firm quality guarantees support for the head, neck, and back thus minimizing constant aches and pains in the morning.
- Offers a more relaxing way of sleeping regardless of what position you prefer.
- One user wasn’t happy with the price that they had paid for it as it wasn’t anything special.
- The pillow was way too soft that it caused neck pain in one user no matter how many times she has fluffed her pillow up at night.
- Another user noticed that the pillow doesn’t have enough filling in it hence there is not enough support coming from it when used.
Which is the Best Pillow for Sleepers in Various Sleep Position?
Sleepers who are looking for the best pillow to accommodate their changing position in bed can start with
I was hesitant to get a pillow that is made from memory foam, but after testing this one out, I thought I would give it a try. So far, I like the fact that I have more control over how much filling I will be using on my pillow because there are times when I want a thinner pillow, while other times I want to have more support. You might think that this is a complicated process, but after giving it a try, I think it gives you full customization over your pillow.
For sleepers who are looking for the best pillow to support their constantly changing position at night, I would recommend that you go with WonderSleep. Not only will you have more control over the firmness and loft of your pillow, but you will be sleeping on a breathable pillow made from shredded memory foam that contours and support your every move. It may be a bit pricey for some, but it does come with a 1-year warranty which is a plus. For sure, you will not have any problems finding the most comfortable sleep position because this pillow will support you no matter which side you sleep on.
Best Wool Blankets | 5 Top Options & Buying Guide
Who does not want to spend cold winter days and nights under the best wool blankets? 5 options that guarantee cosiness, comfort and warmth and how to find the...
WonderSleep Pillow Review | Best Features & Benefits
Good sleep begins with a good pillow. But is the Wondersleep Pillow one of them? Find out more about the features and benefits in our product review...
Aloe Vera Bamboo Body Pillow Review – Everything You Need to Know Before Buying
Do you consider buying the Aloe Vera Bamboo Body Pillow? Read our review and you will know if it is going to improve your sleep or not...
5 of the Best Thin Pillow Options | Expert Reviews & Buying Guide
I used to love thick pillows until I found myself having a creak in the neck in the morning. I had to figure out a solution and the best thin pillow for me...
5 Best Contour Pillow Options for Neck & Head Support
It's time to blame your pillow if you've been constantly waking up on the wrong side of the bed. Consider our best contour pillow picks if neck pain...
5 Best Leg Elevation Pillow Models | Injury & Surgery Recovery and Better Circulation
Elevating your leg in bed will help you recovering from injuries and improving blood circulation. Learn in this article about the best leg elevation pillow...