Do you have a teenager off to college? Perhaps you are moving in your first ever apartment and would like to have a comfy bed to sleep on? Are you a parent whose child is ready to transition to a bigger mattress? If this is the case, then you might want to look for the best twin mattress as this size is best for children to adults.
Best Twin Mattress – 5 Top-Rated Options Reviewed
Browsing through the selection of twin mattresses in stores can be overwhelming. This is understandable given that you want to get the best value for your money. I thought it would be a good idea to help you get started on your search with these products.
Zinus 12 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
The Zinus 12 inch green tea memory foam mattress is the perfect option if you are in need of a mattress that offers pressure relief. Why is this feature important in your bed? For those who often wake up in the morning with aches and pains, it is likely that you are putting too much pressure on your joints. A mattress with pressure relieving properties will help you feel refreshed in the morning. Another feature that Zinus has its green tea extract inlcuded in the foam. This ingredient is essential in keeping the memory foam in good condition.
Why choose this type of mattress? It has a 7 inch high density base support foam, 2 inch comfort foam, and a 3 inch memory foam on top. You can tell from the layering of this mattress that Zinus aims to provide you with support as you lie in bed at night. It comes with a 100 night trial and a 10 year warranty too which means that you have plenty of time to test this bed out if it is the right choice for you.
- Green tea memory foam helps relieve pressure on the joints.
- Contains ActivCharcoal that removes moisture for a more comfortable sleep.
- 12 inch mattress provides support and comfort through its layers of foam.
- 100 nights trial period and a 10 year warranty in place.
- A customer found this bed to be too firm and not ideal for side sleepers.
- The memory foam doesn’t have enough support to it that the user tends to roll towards the middle or the area that is lower.
- The memory foam tends to deteriorate quickly.
Linenspa Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Medium
Another option worth considering for a twin mattress is the hybrid mattress from Linenspa. What you will love about this bed is the fact that it merges memory foam and innerspring mattress in one. The plush comfort that is attributed to memory foam plus the support and bounce that you can get from an innerspring mattress is guaranteed to give you a more comfortable sleep. It is 10 inches thick which should be enough to support your weight easily. This is perfect for children and adults as well and can match their sleep position too thanks to it being medium firm.
Another reason why you should opt for this brand is that Linenspa knows how to package their mattress. This memory foam and innerspring mattress has this posh quality to it that speaks volume about its luxurious feel. It has four layers to it namely the support foam found at the base, then the innerspring layer which supports your weight and distributes it evenly. The third layer is the comfort foam which prevents you from sinking too much into your bed while the top layer is where the memory foam is located. The memory foam comes with contouring properties that mold your mattress to your body’s shape for added comfort.
- Plush mattress is designed to provide you with maximum comfort along with a luxurios feel to your bed.
- Combination of memory foam and innerspring delivers a powerful combination that lends support and comfort.
- Ideal for children and adults because of its medium firm feel.
- 10 inches thick mattress can fit in a small bedroom.
- The innerspring mattress tends to squeak when you move.
- It sleeps hot.
- It doesn’t offer much support especially for those who sleep on their stomachs.
TUFT & NEEDLE – Original Twin Adaptive Foam Mattress
Tuft & Needle is a popular brand that I thought it would be a great starting point for you as well. T&N has been trusted for years now thanks to its adaptive foam technology where in the mattress delivers support to where your body needs it the most. They have been honing their mattress’ ability to adapt to your body making it a more comfortable bed to sleep on. Aside from that, it also has an open cell structure that allows the mattress to shift as you move at night. What else is there to like about this twin mattress? It has a cooling ability wherein cooling graphite as well as gel beads are incorporated into the soft cover to help disperse the heat. Also the support that you will get from this bed is exceptional which is why it is a good option to consider if you are looking for the best twin bed to use.
The layers of foam used in this adaptive foam mattress is CertiPUR US certified which means that no harmful substances are used during its manufacturing. This makes this twin mattress completely safe to use by your children or yourself too. You will find that this twin mattress is compatible with any type of bed frame that you have in mind.
- Adaptive technology ensures that the mattress adapts itself to your sleeping position.
- Delivers pressure relief to your joints for a more restful sleep.
- Combination of graphite and gel beds help prevent heat from accumulating on your mattress.
- CertiPU US Certified mattress.
- It is too expensive.
- It doesn’t have any support on the edges.
- Mattress tends to become softer after a few months of use.
LUCID 10 Inch 2020 Gel Memory Foam Mattress
LUCID’s 10 inch gel memory foam mattress is a great choice for those who tend to sleep hot at night. This is due to the fact that it is equipped with a gel infused layer of memory foam that helps cool your body down at night. This is perfect especially during the summer as you won’t be sweating into your mattress. Its plush design makes it a suitable option for all kinds of sleepers whether they prefer to sleep on their back, stomach, or on their side. It has a medium firm feel to it which means that you will be drifting off to dreamland as it has enough support to avoid putting pressure on your pressure points.
If you take a closer look at this gel memory foam twin mattress, you will find that the base is made from 5 inches of bamboo infused charcoal memory foam, with a 1.5 inch transition foam placed on top of it. Finally, a 3 inch memory foam layer is placed on top to complete the layers of foam. You can tell from this set up that you will be sleeping like a baby as there is enough support on your body no matter how often you move at night. LUCID is CertiPUR US certified which is why you will feel more comfortable knowing that the mattress that you are sleeping on is free from any harmful chemicals.
- Ideal for those who tend to sleep hot because of the cooling gel infused memory foam.
- Can be used by all types of sleepers.
- Medium firm feel makes this mattress give a little under your weight but without losing support that will cause your spine to become misaligned.
- Adequate layering to ensure that aside from being cradled in your sleep because of the memory foam, you will also have enough resistance that prevents you from sinking too much.
- The cooling effect of the gel infused foam appears to disappear after a few months.
- Some users complained about aches and pains in the morning.
- It doesn’t expand fully even after 48 hours.
AmazonBasics 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
AmazonBasics offer high quality memory foam mattress at an affordable price. At first glance you know that you will be sleeping on a luxurious mattress that offers support throughout your body. What can you expect from its memory foam mattress? It is Oeko-Tex certified and CertiPUR US certified too which means that the foam isn’t made from harmful components. It comes with a 7 inch profile cut hard foam at the bottom with 3 inches of memory foam at the top. There is a 2 inch punch soft foam placed in between that acts as a barrier to prevent you from sinking way too much.
The plush feel to this mattress makes it a good choice for any type of sleeper. For sure, you will experience pressure relief on this bed which means that you will wake up feeling refreshed and energized. If you are worried that you will be sleeping hot, don’t be. The unique design of the foam layers here ensure that air will be able to circulate thus keeping you cool at night. It is packed and shipped in a box so you will have to wait up to 72 hours for this mattress to expand to its full 12 inches.
- Doesn’t contain any harmful substances since it has been certified by CertiPUR US.
- Unique foam design allows air to pass through and circulate to prevent heat from getting trapped.
- Plus feel of the mattress makes it a good choice for all kinds of sleeper.
- You might want to add an extra foam topper on top for a more comfortable sleep.
- It is not ideal for those who weigh above 160 lbs.
- Light weight mattress gives the impression that it is not made from several layers of foam.
Who is the Best Twin Mattress Ideal For?
A twin mattress, or standard size mattress, best suits young children all the way to adults. It has a width of 38 inches and length of 75 inches. This is typically installed in a child’s bedroom or even the guest bedroom as it is ideal for a single sleeper only. It will work well in small bedrooms too because of its dimensions.
A mattress twin is a good choice if you:
- You will be purchasing it for your child who is ready to move from the crib to a bigger bed.
- You are a petite adult that needs a comfortable bed to sleep on.
- You want to save money since bigger sized mattresses tend to be more expensive.
- You have a small bedroom to work with.
- You have a spare bedroom for your guests.
However, there are limitations to this bed. For example, if you are a tall person, the length of the twin mattress may not be enough to accommodate you. If this is the case, then the twin XL is your best bet since it is 5 inches longer.
How to Choose a Mattress Twin for Your Home
There are dozens of twin mattresses that you can find in mattress stores or even online that you might feel at a loss as to where to begin. Fortunately, it is possible to narrow down your selection by considering the following factors:
Just like with any other size mattress, you need to think of the material of the bed when you go shopping. These are:
- Memory Foam
A foam mattress is best known for its contouring abilities that give you that feeling of being wrapped in a warm embrace. This contouring feature helps provide support and comfort to your body as you sleep. The problem with memory foam, however, is that it tends to make you feel hot. This is where a gel memory foam mattress comes in.
Latex is best for those who are looking for a mattress that will last them for years. This material tends to be firm which makes it a good choice for those who have back problems or are a bit over their ideal weight.
If you are one of those individuals who prefer to have a little bounce to their mattress, this is the material that you should look for. Most innerspring mattresses have individually wrapped coils that allow your weight to be evenly distributed.
It is possible to get the best of both worlds in a single mattress thanks to the hybrid versions. They are usually made from foam and innerspring where you get that extra comfort and support for your bed.
Another factor that you need to consider when shopping for twin mattresses is the level of firmness that they have. This usually ranges from soft to firm. The best way to identify which one will suit you best is to consider your sleep position. If you are a side sleeper, then a plush mattress can help ease the pressure on your shoulder. On the other hand, back sleepers and stomach sleepers should go for a medium firm twin size bed since it helps keep their spine aligned. Keep in mind that choosing the level of firmness will vary from one person to the next.
Bed Frames and Beddings
Once you have decided on the mattresses twin that you plan on getting, you should also consider the bed frame and the beddings that you will get. These two are often overlooked but keep in mind that they do play a role on the quality of your sleep as well. Your bed frame must fit your mattress perfectly and that the beddings are of the right size as well. You don’t want to end up with a bedding bunching up when you move around because it is a loose fit.
The price of the twin mattresses should be compared as much as possible to find the best deals for you. If you have a budget in mind then it would help you narrow down your selection considerably. The good news is that this size is typically cheaper, but you if you come across a deal that is too good to be true, then you might want to look in other stores instead.
What’s the best mattresses that will fit your twin mattress needs? Based on the twin mattresses mentioned above, I would go with Tuft & Needle. Aside from being one of the most trusted, T & N offers an adaptive foam technology where the mattress contours and follows your body as you move at night. This means that your bed will be able to adapt itself based on your sleep position so you will get the support that you need. This is already a plus in my book, not to mention that the foam are made from high quality materials. Although it is a bit pricey, it will be worth your money.
Other Recommended Products
Best Mattress for Scoliosis – 5 Top-Rated Options for Sufferers
Hey Slumber reviews the 5 best-selling mattresses for those who suffer from scoliosis. Plus, what to look for in a mattress and FAQs.
Best Foldable Mattress – 8 Top Options and their Most Important Features
Folding mattresses are a great option to accommodate friends staying at your place for a few days. Find the best foldable mattress for your needs...