Tossing and turning at night doesn’t bode well for us as it means that we didn’t get a restful sleep at all. For me, I blame it on my pillows as they don’t seem to give me the comfort and support I need. I was getting frustrated with my sleep that is until I came across an Eden Pillow review and I knew I had to try it out.
What to Consider Before You Buy a Pillow
Based on the review of the Eden Pillow, I realized that pillows nowadays are designed to address specific sleep needs. Traditional pillows are all well and good, but it seems that choosing one that is made from memory foam or one that is gel-infused can help boost one’s sleep. The question now is which one should you get? Choosing the right pillow for you can start by thinking about the following.
- Size – The size of the pillow may depend on the size of your bed. If you are sleeping on a twin mattress, getting a standard size pillow is a good idea. A queen mattress will need queen-sized pillows while the king mattress should get a king-sized pillow. If you want to have a pillow that you can hug while in your twin mattress, a queen-sized pillow may be a good option.
- Sleep position – Another factor that you should consider when you are looking for the best pillow is your sleep position. Stomach sleepers should get a thin pillow, while side sleepers can opt for medium-firm to a thick pillow. Back sleepers, on the other hand, are better off with a medium loft as well as a medium-firm pillow to keep their neck aligned.
- Price – The cost of pillows vary depending on its features, so if you have a budget in mind, this can help you narrow down your choices.
What is Coop Home Goods Eden Pillow?
Coop Home Goods offers its Eden Pillows to those who need a fully customizable pillow for a night of good night sleep. It contains memory foam filling that has surpassed rigorous testing to ensure that they are safe to sleep on. If you are worried that you sleep hot, this gel-infused Coop Home pillow will help keep the temperature down. It is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites too.
- Adjustable memory foam fill.
- Gel-infused pillow for a more comfortable sleep.
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
- It has a chemical smell to it.
- A bit expensive compared to others.
- Its cooling abilities are not noticeable.
What are Its Features and Benefits?
What makes Coop Home Goods Eden Pillow a great pillow to have? Here’s what you need to know about it.
- Adjustable Pillow – Coop Home Goods made their Eden Pillow adjustable which is a great idea since this pillow can be used by all types of sleepers. You can remove or add more filling until you find the right loft and firmness. This beats having to purchase different kinds of pillows for everyone at home.
- Cooling Properties – The Eden Pillow features gel-infused memory foam as well as microfiber fill to help disperse the temperature from within. Memory foam may cause heat to get trapped inside causing you to sleep hot, but this is not a problem with this brand because the gel infusion keeps the temperature at the right level.
- High-Quality Materials – This memory foam pillow is made from high-quality materials and is covered by their proprietary Lullta fabric which is a combination of polyester and rayon from bamboo viscose. What this means is that the pillow is completely breathable thus preventing heat from getting trapped from within. The fabric is equally soft too which means that it will feel as if your head is cushioned by clouds.
- Hypoallergenic – This pillow crafted by Coop Home Goods is also hypoallergenic meaning that it is completely safe to use by those who have some form of allergy. It is also resistant to dust mites so you don’t have to worry about interrupted sleep because of an allergy attack. This is a useful feature as it prevents you from sneezing incessantly at night when exposed to the fabric.
- GreenGuard Certified – Another feature that makes this product stand out is the fact that it has been GreenGuard certified. This means that the pillow is free from any toxic materials which can be dangerous to your health after prolonged exposure. You can sleep better knowing that your pillow is chemical-free.
- 100 Night Sleep Trial – This is one of its most important features because you will have 100 night sleep trial to test out the product. If you are not satisfied with it, you have the option to return it to the seller for a refund or a replacement. I think that this is a good enough time to determine if the pillow is what you are looking for or not.
- Warranty – A good pillow should always have a warranty and Coop Home Goods has put a five-year warranty on their Eden Pillow. This is a decent enough offer since you can have it replaced within the time frame if it starts to fray or deteriorates. A warranty serves as your protection because you have the option to have it replaced if it doesn’t meet the guarantee of the company.
- Reduce Sleep Problems – If you are suffering from sleep apnea, acid reflux, snoring, or choking, this adjustable memory foam pillow will help reduce your risk significantly. This is because you have full control over the loft or height of the pillow as well as its thickness based on your preferences. Your head will get the support it needs regardless of your sleep position which can lead to a good night’s sleep.
- Extra Fill – When you buy this pillow from Coop Home Goods, it will come with a bag of extra filling which you can use to adjust your pillow. This beats having to find different stuffing to prop yourself up on your pillow.
I usually read customer feedback when I am reading reviews and from what I have seen, customers are giving this product thumbs up for its quality and performance. I have rounded up a few of their feedback just so you get an idea of what you can expect from the Eden Pillow.
Alternatives to Consider
What pillows are the best these days, aside from Coop Home Goods Eden Pillow? I did some digging online and read several reviews about those that stood out. Here are a few alternatives that you might want to consider.
Casper Sleep Pillow for Sleeping, Standard
Unlike the Eden Pillow where you will remove or add to the fill of the pillow, Casper Sleep Pillow contains 2″ gusset inserts which you can remove to adjust the pillow. This is considerably better than having to remove clumps of filling. Each insert contains microfiber fill that do not clump, but rather offer you support and comfort as you sleep. Its cover is made from 100% cotton fabric with percale weave to help make it more breathable. This outer cover can be removed and machine washed as well for easy maintenance.
The Casper Pillow is also ideal for back and side sleepers as the loft and firmness are fully adjustable. You won’t have any trouble finding the right height for your pillow because of the removable inserts. Fluff it up as you see fit and you will not be bothered by clumps forming at all.
- 2″ gusset inserts are easy to remove to adjust height of the pillow.
- Microfiber fill provides even surface for the head and neck.
- 100% cotton cover makes the pillow breathable and comfortable to sleep on.
- Fully adjustable pillow ideal for back and side sleepers.
- One user complained that the pillow flattens out whenever she uses it.
- Another reviewer reported that it wasn’t firm enough for its price.
- The loft doesn’t last long.
If you don’t want to be dealing with the inner filling of your Eden Pillow, Casper Pillow is a good alternative to consider.
Snuggle-Pedic Supreme Plush Ultra-Luxury
Snuggle-Pedic and Coop Home Goods Eden Pillow are somewhat the same in the sense that you have to remove or add more to the filling to find the right comfort and support from it. What makes Snuggle-Pedic different is that it is designed to help support your body as you lie down in bed for a more comfortable sleep. The outer cover is easy to remove because of its zipper and from here, you can add more stuffing inside the pillow until you find the right height and firmness. Its unique orthopedic design makes it an ideal choice for any sleep position.
It features Kool-Flow Soft feature which makes this memory foam pillow quite breathable. No need to worry about sleeping hot any more since Snuggle-Pedic has found the right solution for shredded foam. The material used here is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant too. This means that even if you have an allergy, it will not be triggered at all.
- Removable filling helps you adjust your pillow to the right height and firmness based on your needs.
- Provides even support to your head and neck regardless of what sleep position you prefer.
- Kool-Flow Soft technology lets you sleep cool at night because it allows air to circulate from within.
- It is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant for a more peaceful sleep.
- Some users complained that the pillow deflates after a few months of use.
- Another customer noticed that there is a strong chemical smell to it that doesn’t go away quickly.
- It is too expensive for an adjustable pillow.
Snuggle-Pedic is a great alternative to Coop Home Goods Eden Pillow as it has the same idea of adjustable filling. It does offer more support regardless of your sleep position but it is a bit pricey.
Xtreme Comforts Hypoallergenic
Which pillow is the best alternative to Eden Pillow? Xtreme Comforts Hypoallergenic pillow seems like a promising alternative as it also has an adjustable feature to it making it ideal for all types of sleepers. Inside the pillow are high quality shredded memory foam that will not be prone to lumps or falling flat with repeated use. It will retain its fluff which means you will get even support for your neck and head regardless of what sleep position you use. Using this type of foam pillows means that you will be able to adjust it to conform to your head and neck to keep your spine aligned as you sleep.
If you have been dealing with snoring, acid reflux, coughing, or aches and pains even, Xtreme Comforts shredded memory foam pillow will help alleviate these issues quickly. You don’t even have to worry about sleeping hot at night since the fabric and the rest of the materials let air to circulate thus dispersing any trapped heat. What else can you expect from this product? Well, it is also hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites and other particles because you can simply remove the cover for easy washing and that’s it. You’ll be happy to know that Xtreme Comforts doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals to it.
- Adjustable pillow makes it convenient to use for all kinds of sleepers.
- Alleviates sleep problems like coughing, snoring, acid reflux, neck pains and other issues.
- Cooling design lets air circulate from within so no need to worry about waking up bathed in sweat.
- Hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites.
- One user complained that the pillow tends to lose its loft quickly which caused them to have stiff neck the following day.
- Another customer reported that the smell remained even after following the instructions on how to remove the smell.
- A reviewer mentioned that it was too firm for them even after they have adjusted the filling.
Xtreme Comforts is a good alternative to consider as the foam filling can be adjusted as you see fit. It is breathable, and hypoallergenic, plus it gives good support to your neck and head even.
Coop Home Goods Eden Pillow is, without a doubt, a great choice for those who are looking for an adjustable pillow containing high quality memory foam filling that will give them comfort and support at the same time. The fill stay in shape and will not cause your head and neck to be out of alignment. I think that this is a good investment if you want a pillow that will give you the support that you need no matter what sleep position you use.
Other Recommended Products
5 Best Hotel Pillows – For the Vacation Feeling at Home
Recreate that refreshing sleep you get in five-star hotels even after the holiday is over with the best hotel pillows. This is how you choose the best hotel...
Tuft and Needle Pillow Review – Best Memory Foam Pillow?
Hey Slumber reviews the highly-rated Tuft & Needle Memory Foam Pillow. We cover the product benefits and pro/cons.