As a side sleeper, I am quite familiar with waking up with a strain on my neck because of my pillow. Let’s just say that it is hard for me to move my head to one side. I know that there are tons of pillows for side sleepers, but which one to get? I tried several to no avail until I came across an Indulgence pillow review.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Pillow for Side Sleepers
If you are a side sleeper, you will need a pillow that will offer your head and neck adequate support. This is important to keep your spine in alignment. The best side sleeper pillows should be able to address this. However, you might be wondering how will you know what pillow to get?
- Loft. This refers to the thickness of the pillow and one of the most important aspects to consider. Side sleepers should choose pillow products that are of medium to high loft pillows to keep their head and neck in neutral while they sleep.
- Firmness. For those who sleep on their left or right side, you will need a pillow that is medium-firm. A pillow that is too soft can cause your head to sink while one that is too firm can put stress on your pressure points. A medium-firm pillow will have enough softness to it that will let your head lie comfortably.
- Support. Side sleepers should get adequate support for their head and neck which is why you need to take this into consideration when shopping for a good pillow.
- Materials. You should also check the materials used in constructing the pillow because they will play a part in the quality and comfort level that you will get. A cotton cover can make your pillow breathable which means that you will be sleeping cool at night. Washable materials can help prolong the lifespan of your side sleeping pillow too. You should also consider what materials are used for the fill because some are more comfortable to sleep on than the others.
Presenting the Indulgence Pillow
The Indulgence by Isotonic is an overstuff down alternative pillow that best suits those who sleep on their sides. This is because it has the right loft and level of firmness to keep your head and neck in the right position as you sleep. It has a removable cover made from 100% cotton damask which guarantees softness and breathability too.
- 100% cotton damask cover offers comfort and breathability.
- Contains down alternative fill to give that support and softness at the same time.
- Corded edges keep the fill inside regardless of how often you move at night.
- Some users found it to be too firm to sleep on.
- Lumps tend to form after a few days of use.
- It loses its shape quickly.
Features and Benefits
Most of us are not really paying attention to the quality of pillow that we are using at night, nor are we aware that there is a correlation between our pillows and our preferred sleeping position. Since I prefer to rest on either my left or right side, I tend to stack two pillows to support my head and neck. Unfortunately, my pillows tend to slide so I often wake up with a crick on my neck. Now that I came across an Indulgence Pillow Side Sleeper review, I wondered if this was the type of pillow that will help me rest better at night. Here’s what I learned about this product from Isotonic.
Side sleepers will need pillows that will help fill the void between the head and the shoulders. It appears that this one is packed well enough to give it medium to a high loft which works best for this type of sleeping position. I like that it has a good thickness to it since it means that I don’t have to use two pillows just to have the height that I am looking for for my preferred position at night.
The problem with some pillows is that the fill tends to escape from the edges the more you use it. This won’t do as it will affect the shape, loft, and firmness of it, not to mention the type of fill used may poke at you. Fortunately, this product has corded edges to it which prevents fraying. I think that this is a good solution to keeping the pillow intact regardless of regular wear and tear.
Real down feathers are all well and good, but they can make your pillows expensive when put up on the market. Fortunately, the Indulgence pillow is made from synthetic materials that resemble the softness and fluffiness of down fill. It does help bring down the cost too which is a plus.
100% Cotton Damask Cover
What else is there to like about the Isotonic side sleeper pillow? I would like to mention that the fill is enclosed in a 100% cotton damask cover that is removable and machine washable too. This makes it easy to maintain this soft but highly supportive pillow thus extending its lifespan.
Another feature that this product has is that the fill is hypoallergenic. If you are constantly bothered by your allergies, you will be happy to know that you won’t experience any breakouts or constant sneezing when you lie on it. Even though the fill is made from synthetic materials, it does keep any allergic reactions at bay.
10 Year Warranty
I think it should be a standard for pillows to have a longer warranty period and Isotonic did not disappoint. When you purchase this product, it will come with a 10-year warranty wherein you can return it before the tenth year if it has already deteriorated.
Best for Side Sleepers
Side sleeping individuals will find this type of pillow to offer comfort, support, and enough firmness to ensure that their head and neck are in the right position. It easily fits the crook of your neck to give the right support as you retire for the night.
Standard queen-sized pillows for side sleepers are a bit tough to find, but Isotonic has developed this luxurious pair to your comfortable mattress in the form of Indulgence. From the reviews that I have read, I think that this is a good deal already. Here are the customer reviews that paint a positive experience with this item.
Alternatives to the Indulgence by Isotonic
Aside from Indulgence by Isotonic, there are other best side sleeper pillows to check out as well. You can check out the reviews for these items but here’s my take on them.
Zoey Sleep – Side Sleeper Pillow
This product is perfect for those who prefer to rest on their sides at night because of its unique curved design where the position of your shoulders is taken into account. It is adjustable with the company’s own proprietary blend of fill made from shredded memory foam so you will have more control over the height and thickness of it. This feature makes the Zoey Sleep Pillow more interesting since you will be the one to adjust it to achieve the level of comfort that you are aiming for.
The shredded memory foam is enclosed in a soft inner lining that has a zipper for you to access the fill. The outer cover is made from breathable and hypoallergenic fabric so you will have peace of mind knowing that you are not exposed to any allergens. It is machine washable too which is important for its maintenance. All that you have to do is to remove the outer cover and wash it in your washing machine to remove any pollutants or allergens that may be resting on the surface.
- Its adjustable feature gives you more control over the height and thickness.
- Machine washable cover helps extend its life.
- Shredded memory foam offers support and comfort at the same time.
- It is hard to find the right loft and thickness in it.
- It tends to become too firm when used.
- It gives off a strong chemical smell.
Casper Sleep Pillow for Sleeping
If you are looking for all types of sleeper pillow then Casper has got you covered. It features two inner pillows that can be removed depending on your preferred sleeping position. The 2″ gusset acts as the framework that gives it the support it needs to stay in shape. The inner pillows are packed with microfiber fills that are resistant to clumping which is a huge relief. Give it a quick fluff and you will see that it is back in its original shape and ready to offer comfort and support.
Another reason why I consider Casper as an alternative is because it is made from high-quality materials that are designed to address your needs when you rest at night. It comes with a removable and machine washable cover so you can clean it up real quick. You will find that it does help keep your head and neck at the right height and position in order to prevent you from suffering with aches and pains in the morning. If you are worried about sleeping hot, the cotton cover helps disperse trapped heat so you can rest peacefully. This is a good choice if you are looking for pillows that will accommodate different sleeping positions.
- Two inner pillows are removable so you can find the right height and firmness that will suit your needs.
- High-quality microfiber fills prevent clumps from forming.
- Machine washable breathable cover helps keep you cool and comfy at night.
- Some users noticed that it doesn’t have enough support to it.
- The thickness is too much for those who rest on their sides.
- It is a bit overpriced.
Meoflaw pillows are ideal for all types of sleepers, especially those who switch on their sides at night. It touts itself as one of the best pillows that offer healthy neck support which I think we all should have regardless of our sleeping position. And it doesn’t just focus on your neck but your head and shoulders too. Too often I have woken up with my shoulders feeling numb or strained because of my sleeping position, but I think that Meoflaw will change all of that.
It has blue piping that prevents fraying plus it also means that more fill will be used. This is one of the reasons why this is a good choice for those who rest on their sides. The fill is made up of high-quality microfiber material that can hold its shape easily. You might be surprised to find that it is lightweight even though it is packed with fill. Another thing that you will like about Meoflaw is that it has a cool and breathable cover that is resistant to stains and wrinkles, plus it allows more air to pass through. This is important so you will not wake up feeling sweaty.
- Ideal for all kinds of sleeping position, but is best used by those who sleep on their sides.
- Supports head, neck, and shoulders.
- Blue piping prevents fraying from occurring and giving more fill to be packed into it.
- Some users find that it doesn’t offer much support since their head tends to sink too much.
- The center tends to lose its fluff making it difficult to rest on.
- Needs to be folded just to achieve the level of support needed.
The Indulgence Pillows by Isotonic are great for those who tend to rest on their sides. It is packed with down alternatives to give it a nice loft and thickness to it to support your head, neck, and shoulders. The corded edges help keep it from fraying and prevents it from getting out of shape. Fluff it up as you like and you will see that it can easily retain its shape. I like that it comes with a breathable cover so there is no need for me to worry that I will be sweating at night. This may just be the one that I need!
Best Pillows for Shoulder Pain – 5 Top-Rated Options
Hey Slumbers lists the 5 best pillows for shoulder pain, recommended by experts and consumers. Plus, a comprehensive buying guide.
Coop Home Goods – Eden Pillow Review
I was getting frustrated with my sleep that is until I came across an Eden Pillow review and I knew I had to try it out. See how it changed the quality of my...
6 of the Best Pillows for Stomach Sleepers
If you are stomach sleeper and suffer from the classic head, neck or shoulder pain, then this article is for you. The best pillows for stomach sleepers...
Tuft and Needle Pillow Review – Best Memory Foam Pillow?
Hey Slumber reviews the highly-rated Tuft & Needle Memory Foam Pillow. We cover the product benefits and pro/cons.
5 of the Best Thin Pillow Options | Expert Reviews & Buying Guide
I used to love thick pillows until I found myself having a creak in the neck in the morning. I had to figure out a solution and the best thin pillow for me...
Best Pillows for Sleep Apnea – 5 Top-Rated Options
If you are someone who suffers from sleep apnea, Hey Slumber reviews 5 top-rated pillows for this disorder. How to choose the right pillow and best features.