Sleeping on my side has been a habit of mine but I am not fond of waking up with my left or right shoulder feeling tight plus my acid reflux is keeping me from getting a good night’s sleep. Even when I pile my pillows high, it doesn’t give me the comfort I was seeking. Coming across Medcline pillow reviews made me wish that I had known about this product earlier so I didn’t have to SUFFER from the discomfort that sleeping on one’s side often brings.
What to Consider Before Buying a Body Pillow
A body pillow can offer additional comfort to you when you sleep, as it helps raise your body to a more comfortable height to help provide acid reflux relief, alleviate snoring, and other sleep issues. This is perfect for side sleepers and back sleepers that need a bit of a wedge to keep them elevated to solve aches and pains from their shoulders and back. This is not recommended to those who sleep on their stomach due to its design as it will leave your neck in an unnatural position.
That being said, I thought long and hard on what I should consider when shopping for a new body pillow, and this is what I came up with.
- Warranty – The first thing that you should consider is whether the seller is offering a decent warranty coverage for their product. Reputable retailers will often give at least a 100-night warranty feature which is enough time for you to test the pillow out.
- Maintenance – It would also help to know what kind of maintenance do these pillows need.
- Material – Body pillows are made from a variety of materials like memory foam and latex. The cover can be from cotton or polyester. Identifying the materials used can help you determine what’s best for your use.
- Size – The size of the pillow that you will get is important as you need one that will suit your body type. If you go for an overly large body pillow, it might leave you feeling overwhelmed while in bed.
- Reviews – You will need to do your own research on which of the body pillows available today is appropriate for you. Fortunately, reading reviews about owning a bed wedge or a body pillow can help give you more information on which one to pick out in stores.
- Price – Of course, the price of the pillow should matter as you might spend more than you can afford. Since a body pillow is of different design and style as that of regular pillows, you will be paying a bit more for it, but make sure that you aren’t ripped off by the seller.
Presenting Medcline Pillow
The Medcline Pillow is an advanced positioning bed wedge that is designed to help you sleep better at night. It is specifically designed to help alleviate certain conditions from acid reflux, chocking or apnea, heartburn, coughing, and nausea just to name a few. Its unique design not only offers support, but it keeps you elevated to prevent your stomach acids from going up your esophagus all without compromising your comfort whether you sleep on your side or your back.
- Advanced positioning bed wedge design offers maximum comfort while helping solve any sleep issues.
- It is great for those who sleep on their side because of the elevation of the wedge and the arm pocket to keep your lower arm less tight in the morning.
- Suitable for those who are experiencing acid reflux disease, injuries, and other ailments.
- It is only suitable for one side as flipping the entire body pillow can disrupt your sleep.
- The smell of the pillow can be overpowering at times.
- It is too pricey for some customers.
Features and Benefits
Based on my research pillows for acid reflux by Medcline come with useful features that help reduce the effects of your gastroesophageal reflux disease, or more commonly known as GERD. Here’s what Medcline offers to its users.
- MedCline Reflux Relief System – The MedCline Reflux Relief System has been tested several times with the results proving to be effective in addressing issues like coughing, choking, heartburn, nausea, regurgitation, and other symptoms of GERD. This reflux relief system is a welcome reprieve to those who have been diagnosed with this condition.
- Wedge and Pillow System – Another feature that this pillow from MedCline has is that it combines a wedge and a pillow for the body in one thus giving the user maximum comfort especially when they tend to sleep on their side. The parts are made from the highest quality to ensure that you will sleep well at night.
- Tri-Component System – MedCline combines three designs in one for maximum comfort at night. It comes with an arm pocket where you can insert your left or right hand without worrying about your blood being cut off from circulating on your arm. The wedge design helps you find the right height to keep the acids at bay. The body pillow, on the other hand, can help add more support as you sleep on your left or right side.
- 100 Night Policy – Like it was mentioned before, you will need to look for a company that offers decent warranty coverage for their pillows. This will give you ample to test the pillow with the added comfort knowing that you can return the pillow if it doesn’t work for you. A few weeks of testing is not enough to determine whether this product can actually offer you relief or not. Fortunately, Medcline does offer this to their guests so take the time to give your pillow a test run.
- Easy to Maintain – Each layer of the system is removable and can be cleaned using the washing machine or do it by hand. This makes it easier for you to prolong your pillow because you get to wash the covers to get rid of the build-up of dust, dirt, sweat, oils, and other particles.
- Convenient to Use – The three layers of MedCline acid reflux pillows are easy to set up and will only take a few minutes to do so. Once the parts are back in their original size after being vacuum sealed, it will only get a few minutes of your time to prepare your new reflux relief system at home. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to understand how to put the layers in the right order.
There have been plenty of rave reviews about MedCline Reflux Relief Pillow that I thought it would give you a good idea of what to expect from it if you do decide to get one for your reflux disease. Here’s what I have read so far about it.
Alternatives to Consider
Aside from MedCline, there are other brands out there that also offer body pillows that will work on any sized bed. I thought that it would be best to share with you the options that I have considered aside from MedCline.
Mkicesky Side Sleeper Contour Memory Foam Pillow
For side sleepers who are looking for a pillow that can accommodate their sleeping position, you will enjoy this contour memory foam pillow as it is designed to keep your head and neck aligned in bed. This 100% low rebound memory foam is ergonomically designed to help your neck as well as your shoulders feel more relaxed. The contoured design helps minimize the usual aches and pains that you feel the following day because of using the wrong pillows.
The foam material goes back to the natural shape of your head to make you more comfortable while you sleep. The hole design on the pillow eases the pressure on your head too. Since this product has been designed to contour around the natural shape of your head and neck, you won’t be bothered by snoring or sleep apnea anymore.
- The contour foam pillow retains the natural curves of your head and neck for a more comfortable sleep.
- Can help alleviate sleep apnea or snoring because your head and neck are both in a relaxed state thus preventing any blockages from occurring in your airways.
- Ideal for side sleepers but can be used by others.
- Cheaper compared to MedCline.
If you want a more budget-friendly solution to easing the aches and pains of being a side sleeper, this is a good choice to consider.
Cushy Form Bed Wedge Pillow
Another option that I think is a good alternative to the MedCline Reflux Relief System is the Cushy Form Bed Wedge Pillow. As the name suggests, this instant recliner will help ease the pain in your shoulders and back while providing you a comfortable position to help you get a good night’s sleep. Its height is adjustable so you can customize the incline on the wedge until you find one that best suits your needs. You can even use it as a leg riser too, if you like, making this a versatile product that comes in handy. A layer of dense memory foam sits on top of the wedge to give you that natural sinking feeling while retaining the support that your body needs to lessen the discomfort.
To ensure that your head and neck are amply supported, you can place a pillow under your head while resting on this wedge. You don’t have to worry about this product collapsing under your weight because it is firm and stable. Will it make you sleep hot? No, it will not because of the breathable, and machine washable covers.
- The instant recliner helps ease the pressure on the neck, shoulders, and upper back.
- Adjustable height makes it easier to find the right height for your needs.
- Comes with a dense layer of foam on top of the wedge for added comfort.
- Breathable fabric ensures that you will sleep cool at night.
Cushy Form has developed a versatile pillow that can be used on your upper or lower body depending on your needs. You should try this out if you need to keep your torso or your legs elevated.
EnerPlex Never-Flat Body Pillow
This pillow will surely give you long-lasting enjoyment as it doesn’t become flat even after repeated use. The shredded memory foam is made from high-quality materials that retain its shape no matter how you use it. It is adjustable too, so you can get the extra support from it regardless of what sleeping position you prefer. Unlike other pillows that contain fillings that tend to clump together, this never-flat pillow will not have the same issues as the others. There are polyfill fibers included helping maintain the density and thickness even after years of use.
You don’t have to worry about your asthma or any allergies that you may have, because the cover of this product is hypoallergenic. The covers are washable so you can get rid of all the dirt, dust, and other allergens that may be lingering on the surface. It is certified chemical-free as well which means that there will be no harsh chemicals making you sneeze at night. What makes this product even better? It offers a 180-night trial period which surpasses even MedCline.
- High-quality shredded memory foam doesn’t fall flat after repeated use.
- Supports your body regardless of your sleeping position.
- Prevents allergy attacks because of its hypoallergenic material.
- Comes with a 180-night trial period.
If you are looking for a product that you can use for years without experiencing any clumps or becoming flat, this is a good option to get.
MedCline reflux relief system is without a doubt a great solution for those who are experiencing nighttime coughing, nausea, heartburn, and other symptoms as it is unique design lets you position yourself on your side at night without worrying about stomach acids climbing back up your throat. The relief system designed by MedCline guarantees that you will be able to drift off to dreamland without anything interrupting your rest. For sure, once you have tried this product, you will only experience relief from your GERD and wake up feeling refreshed and well-rested too.
Best Pillows for Shoulder Pain – 5 Top-Rated Options
Hey Slumbers lists the 5 best pillows for shoulder pain, recommended by experts and consumers. Plus, a comprehensive buying guide.
Beautyrest Pillow Review – Latex Foam Pillow Reviewed
Hey Slumber reviews the Beautyrest Latex Foam Pillow. Discover what you should consider before buying a latex pillow and the best features and benefits.
6 of the Best Pillows for Stomach Sleepers
If you are stomach sleeper and suffer from the classic head, neck or shoulder pain, then this article is for you. The best pillows for stomach sleepers...
Tuft and Needle Pillow Review – Best Memory Foam Pillow?
Hey Slumber reviews the highly-rated Tuft & Needle Memory Foam Pillow. We cover the product benefits and pro/cons.
Therapeutica Pillow Review – Best Orthopedic Support Pillow?
Hey Slumber reviews the Therapeutica Pillow - a neck and back supportive pillow. We cover the best features and benefits and what to look for when buying.
5 of the Best Pillows for Snoring
Hey Slumber lists the 5 best pillows for snoring. Say goodbye to sleepless nights. These top-rated anti-snore pillows will help you get a restful sleep.